Thursday, November 1, 2012

Multi-tasking

Can you name one company where only ONE person is responsible for:
* buying and achieving
* sales
* accountancy
* deciding on CEO level
* leadership
* education
* ....

No? Well, I can name one. It's keeping house and the job belongs to the much despised housewife.


A good housewife knows how to perform multiple tasks at the same time. With a modern word it is now called multi-tasking.


Can men do this as well? I'm told they cannot. Of course I don't know if this is true. I don't have a husband. And vice-versa there are lots of women who wouldn't know a thing about housekeeping.

Since my pre-pension (I would have been stupid not to take advantage of it, since our government wants people to work longer. Those around my age though, could still make use of the previous pension plans) I'm the housekeeper of the family. My sister still goes out working every day and she expects everything to be tidy and neat when she returns.

I had to learn how to deal with housekeeping when I was already 46. Before that, I had never ever peeled a potato yet, not to speak of other tasks.

And what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment